Monday, July 25, 2011

Mike's experience, strength, and hope!

My brief time, here at The McShin Foundation, has been an awakening experience for me. Years of substance abuse has left me totally exhausted. My time with alcohol is sending me towards a bottom; one that I've never seen. There have been thousands of days consuming the poison that has left me homeless, jobless, and financially broken. It makes me sick when I remember all of the broken relationships, the days without eating, and the nights waking up in unfamiliar places. Everything I've done up to this point has led me to where I am this minute. I'm an addict and I take full responsibility for my actions. I am tired of suffering and I am ready for something different, something that gives me meaning. I have chosen a new path that will hopefully lead to happiness and sobriety. I thank my higher power, The Great Spirit, for watching over me while I stumble through this life. The spirits of past and present are with us, if only we open our hearts. Thank you, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment