Thursday, July 7, 2011

Connections with others

There have been many things that amaze me while I have been in McShin. But I think the most amazing thing has been building connections with other recovering addicts. I'm not sure what it is about these people that cause me to feel an overwhelming sense of love and acceptance, but they just embrace me and take me into their hearts. They give me strength when I don't think I have any. They continue to love me until I can love myself. They have been one of the few constants in my life. I have left McShin quite a few times, but always find myself ending back up here. I can never stay away for too long. I have come to truly love and care about everyone here. I didn't always love other people. McShin has taught me how to love others and genuinely care for them in a way I have never done before. If it weren't for McShin my life would feel less meaningful. I am grateful for their love and the things that being here has taught me on a daily basis. I will be forever grateful for the connections I have with these people and the love they have shown me.

1 comment:

Post a Comment