Monday, June 13, 2011

Sara's story

 Sara is one of my housemates here at the Mcshin foundation. This is her story....

My name is Sara. I am 32 years old. I started using drugs when I was 16. My drug use progressed as i got older, and I was using heroin and crack by 18. I have been in and out of treatment centers and jails since I was 24. Each time it gets worse. I used to tell myself that I would never shoot up heroin but as i continued to use that's what happened. Heroin and crack took me places I never thought I would go, and I did things I never thought I would. I was miserable at the end and wanted to die. I am currently at Mcshin since march 6 this time. I have 6 months clean. Mcshin has changed my life, it has saved my life too. This is my 4th time here. they always let me back with open arms. I get clean for a while and have ended up relapsing numerous times thinking things would be different this time. And it not its the same out there and it gets worse quick. I end up homeless, jobless, hopeless, and so full of pain. I want to die just from the life style itself. this time I have really been open minded and willing and got honest with myself and everyone else. Mcshin has allowed me to find a new way to live and showed me life can be fun without drugs. Nothing else has ever worked for me except this. Mcshin has taught me how to care about myself, to take care of many task, and be me. They have helped so many people including me and I know they will help to change lives of so many more people to come.

1 comment:

william said...

You are loved Sara, welcome. LUV!

Post a Comment